Monday, August 2, 2010

One Year Anniversary
















One year ago today on August 2, little Guo Dan Fen was placed in my arms. She was a tiny, sick, scared, crying, hot little baby. I remember thinking she felt so hot. The ride to our hotel must have been so traumatic for her. The orphanage worker told our guide she had just gotten car sick. I remember thinking I didn't want to do anything that would upset her more.





Since she was one of the last babies to arrive, it wasn' t long after we got her that I remember our guide saying, "Babies are hungary. Take babies to your rooms and feed them." Such an unusual feeling. Here we are, we were just given a baby, and now she's ours and we just go back to our rooms with her. No big fanfare - the baby is now yours. WOW!!!!





I tried to feed Julianna a bottle. I did not have the opening in the nipple right, so she got only a bit. She fell asleep fairly quickly and slept through the night for the most part. She was sick, exhausted, and I think she wanted to sleep hoping we would not be there when she woke up.





She slept a lot over the next 2 days. I think it was the combination of being sick and scared.





Each day was better, though.





Now, one year later, we have a beautiful, smart, happy little girl. I thank God, and China for giving us such a wonderful gift.





Enjoy the pictures. Some are from last year, and the pictures from today show her eating her Chinese food dinner. She LOVES egg drop soup!!

No comments:

Post a Comment